o b s e s s i o n s :
- My Magic Mud Whitening Tooth Powder: The directions on this activated charcoal tooth powder say to use it in place of your regular toothpaste each night. I have found it to be slightly abrasive to my gums if I use it that often, so I use it 2-3 times a week. It’s super simple (you just use the cute little scooper to put a scoop on your wet toothbrush and brush away for two minutes), but y’all, it’s definitely messy. It’s messy… and it works. For a more natural, super effective means of tooth whitening and oral detox, I’m calling it a win.
- These Blush Adidas Gazelles: Kyle and McKenna ran to the “grocery store” one afternoon and returned with these bad boys. They are GORGEOUS and so perfect for Spring/into Summer. I was a little worried about the nubuck getting scuffed and dirty, but I sprayed it with some waterproofing spray before wearing them & they seem to be holding up well. In LOVE (with the shoes, and the guy).
- Our Sakura Bloom Linen Sling: Real talk- when I’ve had this sling since Owen was a teeny-tiny baby. Before he was born, I would obsess over these gorgeous mamas online wearing their snuggly little babies in slings, looking all fancy and effortlessly glamorous. So, when he was super little, I NEEDED one. The only problem was that he was so small, I never felt like I could get him completely secure in there. Now that he’s bigger (i.e. sturdier), we use our sling ALL.THE.TIME. I still love my structured carrier for when we’re more active, but for day-to-day errands or for around the house, this is a life saver.
- Wellements Baby Tooth Oil: So, one of my current life goals is to reduce the amount of medications and chemicals we are using in our house. I’ve been learning a lot about essential oils, using coconut oil almost exclusively as my moisturizer, and slowly phasing out as much as I can. Granted, it’s a super slow process, but it’s happening none the less. ANYWAY, I found this tooth oil at our local grocery story (and also on Amazon) and it’s been working like a charm! A few months back a girlfriend told me about how her Mexican grandmother used to steep whole cloves in boiling water and then, once cooled, rub that on baby’s gums to combat teething pain. Low and behold, one of the main ingredients here: Eugenia Caryophyllus aka clove bud oil. Works almost instantly and NO harsh chemicals!
- Wearing my hair in that awkward half-up/half-down bun like this: At first, I was adamantly against this hairstyle. I saw my students rocking it and thought they looked pretty darn ridiculous (eating my words now!). However, after a test run around the house, I realized this is the perfect compromise to wanting to wear my hair down, not having time to wash it, and avoiding little tiny hands pulling it all day. If my hair isn’t in a messy bun smack on top of my head, it’s in this half-up/half-down collab.