o b s e s s i o n s :
- Thistle Farms Bug Spray: Bug spray is icky. It’s sticky, smells funky, and is typically full of chemicals. Luckily, I stumbled upon this little cutie at the Market of Hope and I haven’t looked back! Natural, DEET-free, and made from essential oils including rose geranium, peppermint, lemongrass, and spearmint. Oh, and I haven’t even mentioned the coolest part! Thistle Farms employs and empowers female survivors of trafficking, prostitution, and addiction. Love, love, love this company and this bug spray.
- Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo: It’s no secret that I don’t like to wash my hair (do many people LIKE washing their hair? I guess probably not). I basically wear it in a high top-knot 99% of the time, but even still, sometimes it needs a refresher. It’s HOT in Texas, y’all. Like, step outside for three minutes and you’ve got sweat on you brow, hot. For someone who works out outside every morning, dry shampoo has become a must for in-between washes. I love this one because it provides volume, texture, and smells phenomenal. Plus, it’s cheap and you can get it basically anywhere.
- The Minimalist Baker: Okay THIS lady. #GOALS. Incredible recipes with 10 ingredients or less, one bowl, or 30 minutes or less to prepare. My incredible and sweet friend Lauren turned me on to this gal and I am SO happy she did! Her recipes are healthy, many are vegan, and haven’t disappointed yet. Check out the roasted jalapeno vegan queso or the golden goddess tumeric hummus. YUM!
- Audio Books: If you have time to sit down and read a book… teach me your ways. Who has time to just leisurely sit around and read? Certainly not I. However, I have about a zillion books on my Amazon wishlist. Solution? Audio books! I listen to them in the car, during solo runs, and while prepping lunch/dinner while the kiddos play. I’ll admit, sometimes I realize I’ve gotten distracted and I have to rewind, but overall, it’s been pretty darn successful. Anyone have a good recommendation for me?! (I love mysteries, parenting books, and anything personal development! I’m currently listening to Balanced and Barefoot by Angela J. Hanscom– highly recommend!)
- BulletProof Coffee: Probably two years ago, a few girls I was teaching with were putting coconut oil in their coffee. I legit thought they were mental– that sounded so nasty. Well, well, well. Here we are. I’m not only putting oil in my coffee, but also butter! So, I don’t use “official” BulletProof ingredients, however, I think the substitutes I have chosen for coffee and MCT oil are pretty darn close. I wont spend too much time on details (you can read everything about the how and more importantly WHY here on the bulletproof blog), but I will say that it fills me up right through lunch, makes me feel sharp and clear-headed, and tastes pretty darn tasty for what it is.
WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY DIGGING? WHAT PRODUCTS SHOULD I TRY? WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU LOVING?
TELL ME ABOUT IT!